- Build network of undergrad educators to share knowledge on experimental design, bioinformatics approaches, pedagogy and assessment
- Facilitate faculty development workshops that include sequencing of participant samples
- Obtain bulk discounts on runs, software, supplies
- Coordinate pooled runs among faculty from different institutions
- Generate and disseminate data, pedagogic, and assessment modules
- Provide increased access to necessary computational resources
- Outreach to Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs)
Everyone associated with GCAT-SEEK will be educators working with undergraduates and trying to bring genomics into the curriculum to help students.
GCAT-SEEK helps coordinate activities, but you and your students do all the work. You design the experiments, produce, and analyze the samples.
GCAT-SEEK will help facilitate working with a genome core to obtain raw sequence for you and your students to analyze and work with.